JOB CANDIDATE PRIVACY NOTICE
Consumer Lighting (Shanghai) Company Limited, its subsidiaries, holding companies, and affiliates (as identified to you during your application process) ("the Company," "we," or "us") is the company at which you have applied for a job. The Company will process your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice and is dedicated to compliance with all applicable laws and regulations relating to the collection, use, disclosure, transfer and retention of personal information everywhere the Company does business. All applicants are required to also sign a Data Protection Consent Form (attached).
I. Personal Information We Collect
When you apply for a job at the Company, we will ask you to provide us with personal information about yourself so we can evaluate your application. If you do not provide this information, our ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited. You may also provide us with personal information that we have not specifically requested (for example, your CV or resume may contain information about your hobbies and social preferences). All information is provided on a voluntarily basis and you determine the extent of information that you provide to the Company.
The kind of personal information we collect about you may include:
- Name, identity and contact details – such as your name, residential address, email address, telephone, other contact information and personal preferences
- Employment details – such as your employment background, including position, work experience, employment references, salary and other compensation requests
- Background information – such as your educational background including degrees, certificates, transcripts, credit history and/or criminal background screenings (where relevant to your application and permitted under applicable law)
- Financial Information – such as salary, tax information, benefits, expenses, company allowances, stock and equity grants
- IT Information – such as certain technical information from you about your visit to our website using "cookies" and other similar technologies
- Any other information in your application that you choose to share with us - such as hobbies, social preferences, etc.
Sensitive Personal Information
The Company does not usually request or require sensitive personal information in connection with your application. If the Company intends to collect sensitive personal information in connection with your application, you will be provided notice and the opportunity to consent if required.
Where your consent was required for our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, you may, at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, withdraw your consent. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing and addressed to our Privacy Leader.
If you have a physical or mental disability and would like for us to consider an accommodation, you may provide that information during the recruitment process.
To the extent that you provide us with sensitive personal information, you expressly authorize the Company to handle such information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Information from other third parties
From time to time, we may obtain information about you from public sources or third parties. For example, we may conduct background screenings through a third-party service provider and verify information that you have in your application that relates to your past education, employment, credit and/or criminal history, as allowed by applicable law. Where this is the case, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such third parties have represented to us that they have the right to disclose your personal information to us. You may also choose to provide us with access to certain personal information stored by third parties such as job-related social media sites (for example, LinkedIn). By authorizing the Company to access to this information, you agree that the Company may collect, store, use and disclose this information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Where permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, we may collect information about you without your knowledge or consent.
II. How The Company uses your Personal Information
The Company will use your personal information for legitimate human resources and business management purposes, including:
- Recruitment, selection, evaluation and appointment of job candidates for the job you have applied for and for subsequent job opportunities.
- General human resources (HR) administration and management, including if you become a the Company employee. *Satisfaction surveys.
- Application analysis such as verification of your employment reference(s) that you have provided, background checks and related assessments.
- Compliance with corporate governance and legal requirements.
- As part of the Company's regular reporting activities to its affiliates.
- To protect the rights and property of the Company.
- Where the personal information is publicly available.
- Communicate with you and inform you of current status of your application and future job opportunities (unless you have told us that you do not want us to keep your information for such purposes).
- We may use and disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
III. Disclosure of your Personal Information
The Company shares your personal information only with those within The Company who really need it in order to perform their tasks and duties, and to third parties with a legitimate business need. We may disclose your personal information to the following types of third parties:
- Companies within the Company – your personal information may be shared for the purposes described above with other companies within the Company, e.g., Savant Systems, Inc., Savant Technologies, LLC, dba GE Lighting, a Savant company, and Racepoint Energy.
- Third party service providers – your personal information may also be shared with third parties who provide services to us such as recruitment agencies, consultants, background services, payroll services and attorneys. If your personal information is shared in this way, the Company does so only on a "need-to-know" basis and we will seek to ensure it is only used in connection with the functions or services these parties will be performing for the Company and that your personal information is treated by them in a confidential manner.
- Other third parties – we may also disclose your personal information to other third parties as follows: ** As necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including in order to respond to a lawful government request, court order, administrative or judicial process.** As necessary to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights. As necessary to protect your vital interests (e.g., in the event of an emergency). Where we have otherwise obtained your consent.
Our affiliates and/or third-party service providers may provide certain information technology and data processing services to us from time to time so that we may operate our business, and as result, your personal information may be collected, used, processed, stored or disclosed in Canada, the United States of America and China. We will take necessary measures to ensure the security of cross-border transmission of personal information in accordance with the requirements of applicable laws and regulations.
In addition, personal information may be disclosed or transferred to another party during the course of, or completion of, a change in ownership of, or the grant of a security interest in, all or a part of the Company or its affiliates through, for example, an asset or share sale, or some other form of business combination, merger or joint venture, provided that such party is bound by appropriate agreements or obligations, and required to use or disclose your personal information in a manner consistent with the use and disclosure provisions of this Privacy Notice, unless you consent otherwise.
IV. Retention of your Personal Information
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary in connection with the purposes described in this Privacy Notice and in accordance with the Company's retention policy and applicable law(s). If you have questions regarding retention of personal information, please contact the Company as provided below.
V. Data Integrity and Security
The Company takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is complete, current and relevant for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice and is used in a manner consistent with that for which it was collected. The Company maintains (and requires its service providers to maintain) appropriate organizational and technical measures designed to protect the security and confidentiality of any personal information it processes.
The Company endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
The security of your personal information is important to us, please advise our Privacy Leader immediately of any incident involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information that is in our custody or control.
VI. Your Responsibilities, Choice and Access
You are responsible for the information you provide to The Company and that it is honest, truthful, accurate and not misleading in any way. If you provide information concerning any other person such as individuals you provide as references, you are responsible for providing any notices and ensuring your reference consents to The Company collecting and processing that information as described in this Privacy Notice.
The Company gives you the opportunity to choose whether your personal information is (i) disclosed to a third party, (ii) to be used for a purpose other than its original purpose or the purpose authorized or (iii) any other circumstances required by laws and administrative regulations. It is noted, however, that for employment related personal information, The Company may not be able to provide certain services or benefits, including services such as payroll, should an opt-out be chosen or no consent be provided. To understand the various ways to opt-out, please contact the Company as provided below.
Upon request, the Company will provide you with reasonable access to your personal information and the reasonable ability to have incorrect or incomplete personal information corrected, amended or deleted. Such access may be limited, restricted or delayed in certain situations, for example investigations, proceedings, or whether prejudicial to sound business management.
Your right to access the personal information that we hold about you is not absolute. There are instances where applicable law or regulatory requirements allow or require us to refuse to provide some or all of the personal information that we hold about you. In addition, the personal information may have been destroyed, erased or made anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavor to inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
In some circumstances we may not agree with your request to change your personal information and will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
VII. Direct Marketing
The Company will not use your personal information to offer you any products or services for personal or family consumption ("direct marketing") or provide your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing. These restrictions do not apply to contact or other personal data obtained in the context of a customer, consumer or other non-employment relationship that you have with the Company.
VIII. Contact the Company
You may withdraw consent to the processing of your personal information or submit inquiries, complaints, objections and/or requests to restrict processing of your personal information by contacting:
Consumer Lighting (Shanghai) Company Limited Savant Technologies Attn: Privacy Leader 3/F East Wing, 1800 Cailun Road Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park, Pudong New District Shanghai 201203, China
All questions, concerns, and requests relating to this Privacy Notice must be addressed to the Company's Privacy Leader in writing. When requesting access to your personal information, please note that we may request specific information from you to enable us to confirm your identity and right to access, as well as to search for and provide you with your personal information. If you require assistance in preparing your request, please contact our Privacy Leader.
IX. Interpretation of this Privacy Notice
Any interpretation associated with this Privacy Notice will be made by our Privacy Leader. This Privacy Notice includes examples but is not intended to be restricted in its application to such examples, therefore where the word 'including' is used, it shall mean 'including without limitation'.
This Privacy Notice does not create or confer upon any individual any rights or impose upon the Company any rights or obligations outside of, or in addition to, any rights or obligations imposed by China's laws and administrative regulations, as applicable. Should there be, in a specific case, any inconsistency between this Privacy Notice and China's laws and administrative regulations, as applicable, this Privacy Notice shall be interpreted, in respect of that case, to give effect to, and comply with, such privacy laws and administrative regulations.
X. Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our information practices or changes to our legal or regulatory obligations. We will post any revised version of this Privacy Notice on our website https://www.savant.com/careers-privacy/en-us, and we encourage you to refer back to it on a regular basis. We will indicate at the bottom of this Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated.
Updated: July 1, 2021